WTF is a periodic rant about an ill of the art world, one of humankind’s most screwed-up endeavors.
It seems that everywhere I turn the art world is discussed in negative terms.
- The gallery system is outdated.
- The art scene in (insert your city here) is too small.
- Artists don’t follow the proper procedures to obtain representation.
- Art fairs are too commercial.
- The art world is vapid.
- Painting is making a comeback as it’s a safer bet in a weakened economy.
- Older artists can’t get a break.
- Younger Artists can’t get a break.
- There aren’t enough women being shown.
- There aren’t enough minorities being shown.
- and so on and so on…
Is there anything good about the current art world?